Sony Mobile last month has made an announcement for it's waterproof policy and here are some important part of it:
- After using your smartphone, tablet or accessory in wet conditions, remember to dry off all covers and other areas where water can accumulate.
- Do not expose the device to seawater, salt water, chlorinated water or liquids such as fruit drinks, liquid detergent and vinegar.
- If the device is accidentally exposed to non-fresh water, such as chlorinated water from a swimming pool, always rinse your device off using fresh water.
- If either the speaker or microphone gets wet, their function may be affected until all the moisture has completely dried.
- The IP rating of your device was achieved in laboratory conditions in standby mode, so you should not use the device underwater, such as taking pictures. Do not use the device to take photos while performing any type of activity underwater, including diving or snorkeling.
- Drying times will vary depending on the environment, but the process may take up to three hours. During this time, you can still use all the features that do not rely on the speaker or microphone – you can take photos, check your email or send text messages without a worry.
- Do not use a hair dryer to dry any wet parts.
- Everyday wear and tear, along with damage to your device, can reduce its ability to stay protected from dust and moisture.
Based on Sony new waterproof policy, we strongly advice our customer to avoid fully submerge your Sony smartphones and do not use it underwater.
For full statement and information can be read in official Sony website: here